Thursday, November 18, 2010

Necklaces: 5 Favorites

I've been getting a lot of requests to see some accessories. I have literally tons of jewelry because, like the Magpie bird, I'm attracted to shiny objects! Here, I picked the five most versatile pieces I own. I'm am partial to silver although I've been wearing more and more gold lately.
In the picture above, the silver chain (left) is from Banana Republic (years ago). I wear this with anything that I want to add a little "toughness" to, such as a button down shirt or even a black tee shirt. When I'm at a loss for a necklace, this is my go-to. It's amazingly versatile for casual wear.

Middle: My little middle necklace is an Etsy purchase. It is a charm necklace with a silver peace sign, silver pine cone and gold owl (because I LOVE owls.) I like this one because it's perfect layered with my shorter cross necklace that I always wear (a gift from my hubby!) It's perfect with tee shirts when I need something super casual and not bulky.

The clear stone necklaces (right) are a birthday gift from my mother-in-law. We picked them out at Target (here) and (here). I like to layer these necklaces together. However the long one can be doubled or even worn wrapped as a bracelet. Because of the clear stone, they go with tons of outfits.

Above Left: This Target necklace (again from Target, $14.99, don't see it online) is both silver and gold so you can easily mix it with either metal. I wore it the other day with a white tee shirt and brown wool cardigan. It looks equally nice with a dress.

Right: The PERFECT statement necklace. This is from 2009 Banana Republic holiday collection but there are similar ones everywhere. In fact, when I first saw this, I thought it was so unique and I had to have it. But, it was very expensive. So, I bought an old silver chain that I found in a bin of jewelry at Renninger's Antique Flea Market and pinned my grandmother's old brooches to it. The problem I found was that the brooches were so heavy they wanted to turn all the time. But, it looked darn good! Then, I found one of these beauties on eBay. I still do the DIY necklace if I need a pop of color as a red brooch looks super for the holidays.
I've worn this necklace to dress up a black sheath and to add interest to my red silk shantung dress. I've also worn it with a white tee shirt, navy velvet blazer and jeans.

Do you have a necklace you just can't figure out how to wear? Email me and I'll try to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment